Sunday, November 4, 2012

OCTOBER HAPPENINGS

October has been absolutely nuts at our house.  It's been a fun and stressful month.  My poor Dad was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer and had emergency surgery.  Luckily it was stage one but he will still need chemotherapy as a preventative measure.  He has had a great attitude about the whole situation.  We send love and prayers his way.

After six months of praying and stressing we decided it was time to have Ellie and Bruiser go to a home without young children.  It was heartbreaking. To make a long story short we found a wonderful family who loves the dogs.  Justin and I both felt like it was time to let the dogs go to a calmer quieter home and offer someone else the companionship they offered us when we really needed it.  We both cried and cried but knew it was the right decision.  Many of you will read this and think I'm silly but if you are animal people you will understand.  I felt like Heavenly Father knew how much Ellie and Bruiser were a part of our family and the love we had for them. I know he loves them too. He created them and us and the darling family that adopted them.  I felt like we were guided to the perfect family where the dogs will be happy and where they can bring happiness to a family that needs it.  I will always have a special spot in my heart for Ellie and Bruiser and for the company and love they offered me~ especially through miscarriages and infertility. 
I don't think I could say it better than John Grogan the author of MARLEY AND ME,

 "A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?" 

Although October brought a lot of heartache we also had a lot of fun.
One of our favorite activities was the Halloween Spooktacular at This Is The Place Heritage Park.  Really how could anything with a candy cannon not be fun?! 

The day started out crazy when we are driving down and Connor asked me if I remembered his shoes!  Seriously what mother forgets shoes? ME! Needless to say we stopped at Walmart on the way down for a new pair of shoes.

Connor and his friends...or in other words all the Johnson cousins and Connor :)


Running to get trick or treats


Brooks eating M&M's in his stroller 









This picture totally reminds me of The Beatles on Abbey Road


Connor especially loved the story witch. She had bubbles come out of her cauldron and when they popped they turned into smoke! Very cool!



The candy cannon was fun, even if we only got one piece of candy!


We loved all the animals.






Connor and Allison sitting on the train.


What a fun day!  




2 comments:

Melissa said...

Loved it!! Such a fun place to go

JDRRKK said...

What a fun idea! I never knew they went all out for Halloween. Thanks for sharing. It looked like so much fun. Glad your dad is ok... and I was so sad to hear about Ellie and Bruiser. I hope you are doing much better. Only a great person would know what's best for their pets....and you a great person.

Blog design by Shabby Creations