Tuesday, April 12, 2011

HOMES AND BABIES

I'm sure most of you have heard the saying 
"We may have a small home, but God knows where we live"
I love small homes, and I love small homes filled with happy people.  
I have always said, I could easily have three children in my house and people look at me like I'm crazy!  
Well... I am a crazy, but today I figured out how to make it work.



Really, what child wouldn't love this bedroom?


Lately I'm feeling like the problem isn't so much fitting three children in the home, as it is getting three children to our home.


People say to me all the time, why don't you worry about getting a larger home and then worry about more children.  And they think I'm crazy.  I'd pick babies over a house any day!

George Banks said it best, "I love this house.  I love that I taught my kids to ride their bikes in the driveway.  I love that I slept with them in tents in the backyard.  I love that we carved our initials in the tree out front.  This house is warm in the winter, cool in the summer and looks spectacular with Christmas lights.  It's a great house.  I never want to move.  But the thing I think I like best about this house are the voices I hear when I walk through the door."
If you don't know who George Banks is, think Father of the Bride. 
I admit their big white house might be my ultimate dream home.










4 comments:

hope2adoptbaby said...

I totally agree with everything you said!...and I love that George Banks quote! :)

Becca Bird said...

Oh Elizabeth! I love the pictures. I hope you can get more babies in you adorable home. Conner is such a lucky kid to be there - I'm sure there are others coming!

Rachel said...

Amen Sister! Love the pics, love your thoughts.

Kerstin said...

i love this post. such cute ideas. i love all the bunk beds. any kid would love that room!

Blog design by Shabby Creations