Saturday, January 8, 2011

HARDWARE RANCH

Justin's been talking about Hardware Ranch for quite a while,
 so last night we decided we would get up early and head up there.
Our trip started out exciting when we passed this moose in our car ride.


I was amazed at the elk.  The herd consisted of about 550 wild animals.



Of course, Connor was thrilled to see all the animals!





On the way home we saw another (or possibly the same) moose.


And Justin spotted a bald eagle.  It was neat to see but hard to get a picture.



We learned elk are one of four animals that have ivory.  Elephants, walruses, and narwhals are the other three animals.  Okay, really...A narwhal?  I thought it was a joke, a dolphin with a long horn like a unicorn.  I didn't believe it until I googled it.  Am I the only one that's never heard of or even seen a picture or this weird animal?  I'm still blown away it's not a fictitious creature.
 Craziest thing I've ever seen. 



Here's a couple photos I found online.  You can also see videos of them on youtube or through national geographic.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

go norwhals!!! hahha, love it:)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Mary Elizabeth said...

Crazy whale! The ranch looks like a ton of fun.

Blog design by Shabby Creations