Friday, December 16, 2011

INTRODUCING BABY BROOKS


Welcome to the world baby boy Brooks.  We couldn't love you more!

As many of you know, Justin and I had been matched with a Birthmother in Ohio due to have a baby girl in Jan.  She went into labor early and we caught the first plane we could to pick up baby girl.  Sadly, about thirty mins before we got to the hospital, fifteen year old Birthfather showed up claiming his rights. We were heartbroken.  While we wanted to give this situation a fair chance to play out, things did not go in our favor and we were aware this adoption would not take place with us.  
We got a call that a Birthmother had gone into labor early in Atlanta and had not been matched with a family.  There was a baby boy needing a home.  So we said a prayer and followed our hearts to Atlanta, Georgia.  
Baby Brooks with discharged with us today and is absolutely precious.  He is a small guy weighing a little more than 5 lbs.  We were meant to be together.  There are many personal details to this story that I won't share on here, but we know baby Brooks is ours and we are his!  
We are a happy family right now. Thanks to all our family and friends for all your love, support, and prayers.  
Yea for BABIES!!!!!!



The cutest African American face I've ever seen!!! And yes, I can say that because Connor is biracial and maintains to be the cutest biracial face I've ever seen! 







16 comments:

Widdison said...

I was seriously shaking waiting for the page to load! It was like Christmas morning!! I am beyond excited for you. Get home quick! Love you and miss you!! WOOOHOOO! (I get to be excited now, right?) AHHHHH!!!!!!

Rachel said...

Crying...with joy! He's perfect! Congratulations! Can't wait to meet the little guy.

Melissa said...

I Love that you posted about it! This has been the craziest week huh! I just love him! When you texted that picture of him earlier it made me cry. I know he is meant to be yours, thanks for keeping in touch with me all week and sharing all the details, it's one of the best adoption stories ever!! I miss you like crazy, I am going through Liz withdrawals and Zachary keeps saying "Mom I miss Connor, can we go to his house?" Can't wait til you get home and can't wait for our little guys to grow up together after mine comes in January! Love you guys (all FOUR of you) XOXOXOXO

Andria said...

Yea! Crying for joy. We can't wait to meet little Brooks. What a lucky little boy. (And Becca)

Andria said...

Sorry that didn't make sense. Becca is sitting here with me too.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness!!! He is absolutely beautiful!! What a great blessing! We are so happy for you!! Love his name! Can't wait to meet him. :)

Mallory said...

I am covered in goosebumps! I'm so happy things worked out for you guys. I can't wait to meet him, he is incredibly adorable! What a lucky boy!!

Unknown said...

Congrats to the Wilcox Family! You remain one of my favorites to have worked with.

hannabanana said...

Liz and Justin congrats. He is so cute. I got the chills reading your post. It is amazing how the lord works and how prayers are answered. I can't wait to see him either. Be safe traveling!!!

Rachel Leslie said...

Oh Elizabeth and Justin, how wonderful! We are so so happy that everything just worked out right in the end! Look at those eyes!!!! What a handsome fellow!!!! I can't wait till Eden and our boys can play with each other :)

hope2adoptbaby said...

He is AWESOME. Sorry for the totally crappy week, but sounds like it ended amazing. What a great early Christmas gift!

Tarrin said...

CONGRATS!! He is beautiful and is such a sweet addition! Can't wait to see more of him!

JDRRKK said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth said...

Dalynne, sorry I accidently deleted your comment.

CJC said...

Congratulations! Oh what a fun little family you will all be!

JDRRKK said...

its cool...you read it and you know how i feel!! love ya friend :)

Blog design by Shabby Creations